Women’s sleep wear is also called nightdress, nightclothes, or nightwear. It is clothing made for sleeping purposes. It is worn by women who feel comfortable in it, as some would rather opt to sleep naked or only in a certain kind of underwear. The kind of nightwear may also be determined by the season. Take for instance; some women wear nightdresses during winter only. However, it is yet another way of following the latest trends in fashion.
Several types of women’s sleep wear are available, and each possesses specific features that will cater to various preferences, styles, and needs of every woman. Take enough time in training yourself with a variety of styles and get inspiration from diverse looks and appeal they give to create your personal fashion statement.
– A nightwear which is intended for women is a babydoll, widely known as negligee or short nightgown. The clothing is often trimmed with ruffles, lace, appliqués, ribbons, bows, and Marabou fur which can be designed optionally with spaghetti straps. The fabrics used are either translucent fabrics (silk, chiffon, or nylon) or sheer. A babydoll is regarded as a provocative garment similar to minidresses that have six inches hemline up to the knees and hollow designs in the neck region.
– The most popular loosely tailored night apparel for women is a nightgown or nightie which is made of materials like nylon, satin, silk, and cotton. Its length differs. It may either be a hip-length or a floor length nightgown. Although the usual length is knee length, a nightgown can be embellished with embroidery and lace appliqués on the hemlines and cups.
– The women’s sleep wear that is solely meant for bedroom and night use is the negligee. It was unveiled during the eighteenth century in France where it copied the designs of the day garments of women that period. However, the modification of its designs with lace trimming, bows, and translucent bodices lead in considering it as lingerie. The modern designs revealed fabrics sewn in numerous layers delivering a more little emphasis on women’s bed-capes and bedjackets.
– The simple apparel worn by women next to their skin to protect their clothes from body oils and sweat is termed chemise, shift or smock.
– Lingerie is a women’s sleepwear which is today considered as undergarments.
– The unique type of shirt which can be used for sleeping is named nightshirt. This is bedtime apparel patterned in the undergarments of Europeans during the nineteenth century.
– The form of long nightgown that is often chiffon made with a sheer design is called peignoir. It is worn without underwear; nonetheless, it is often sold with panties attached to it.
These days, women’s sleepwear consistently dominates the fashion preferences of nearly all women. Some women wear it in public to express their notion that these comfy sleep wears could be elevated for acceptable public use. There are women, who also experimented using it together with their denim shirts, jeans, sweaters, and blazers.
The versatility of sleepwear entirely opens the creative horizons of women. Sleepwear is not any longer for indoor or bedroom use solely. It can be gorgeous outerwear and can be worn with or without accompaniments. Women are going to feel sexy, cute, and cozy beside fashion is also a matter of self-confidence for them.